Looking for raffia accessories for the upcoming warmer days? Loeffler Randall is the answer. The brand offers shoes, bags, hats and headbands made from natural and brown raffia. Its reason to incorporate the material was of course its exceptional quality and appearance.
Now, more about raffia
Raffia is a natural fiber that comes from the leaves of the raffia palm tree. This material has been used for thousands of years for various purposes, from making baskets and hats to creating household items and even building materials. Raffia has gained popularity in recent years as a sustainable and eco-friendly material, and is becoming more and more widely used in fashion, home decor, and other industries.
The raffia palm tree is native to tropical regions of Africa, and can also be found in Madagascar, the Seychelles, and parts of Central and South America.
Leonie Brown Crochet Ballet Flat
$275 at Loffler Randall
Pia Natural/Brown Crochet Tote
$250 at Loeffler Randall
One of the benefits of raffia is its durability. The fiber is strong and resistant to damage from moisture, making it a popular choice for outdoor furniture, rugs, and other items that need to withstand the elements. Raffia is also lightweight and flexible, making it easy to work with and ideal for creating intricate designs.
Raffia has a natural, rustic look that makes it perfect for use in bohemian or beachy decor and fashion styles. Its neutral color palette of beige, brown, and tan complements many other colors and textures, and can be used to add a touch of warmth and texture to any space or look.
In the fashion industry, raffia has become a popular material for accessories like hats, bags, and shoes. The fiber’s natural texture and color give these items a unique, handmade look that is perfect for summer or vacation wear. Raffia shoes and sandals are also comfortable and breathable, making them ideal for warm weather.
Mikel Natural Bow Mid-Heel Sandal
$295 at Loeffler Randall
Brit Natural Flat Pleated Clutch
$195 at Loeffler Randall
Why is Loffler Randall #konshas?
Loffler Randall sticks to these five tenets to ensure its social and environmental responsibility:
- The brand produces in small batches. This reduces waste but also ensures that all pieces are made diligently and with care.
- It uses raw materials that have minimal impact on the environment, like marabou feathers harvested responsibly during molting season. It also reuses and recycles wherever possible.
- The brand partners with family-owned factories and artisan collectives that share its commitment to craftsmanship and social responsibility.
- Loeffler Randall is also committed to reducing waste from its packaging. The brand uses recycled paper and among its major goals is to transport more goods by ocean rather than air, as this reduces carbon emissions by more than 90%.
- It also undergoes a full assessment by SgT (atextile quality management company) led by Dr. Kannan Muthu, SgT’s Head of Sustainability. Actually, Dr. Muthu was the first person to ever complete a PhD in sustainability with an emphasis on clothing and accessories.
Bellamy Natural Puffy Headband
$65 at Loeffler Randall
Blaise Brown Raffia Platform Sandal
$295 at Loeffler Randall
Photos: Courtesy of Loeffler Randall
You may also like: Fabric on Focus: Hemp
Disclaimer: All products featured on Konsha are independently selected by our editors. However, when you buy something through our retail links, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more about our Affiliate Disclosure here.